Connecting Seniors to Services
At Livingston County Catholic Charities, we offer the following services to individuals 60+ years of age. Our intention is to assist individuals to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible. Please view each service for additional information or contact Suzanne Snyder, Director of Senior Services at 517-546-9910.
Community Liaison Program
LCCC Aging Adult Specialists in the Community Liaison program assist older adults and their families by locating and securing local/state/federal services and resources to enhance the ability of aging adults to maintain independence within the comfort of their own home. Our Aging Adult Specialists in the Community Liaison program are Certified Medicare & Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) counselors.
The Community Liaison Program connects individuals to resources, provides educational presentations and assists with paperwork and applications to meet social, emotional and/or physical needs such as adult day care, counseling, homebound meals, housing repairs, in-home services, legal services, long-term care, low income support, prescription assistance, social security, transportation, and VA benefits.
LCCC Aging Adult Specialists also assist with Homestead Property Tax and Home Heating Tax Credits forms, Medicare counseling and enrollments, Medicaid applications, and fraud and abuse education and reporting.
To meet one of LCCC’s Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program Certified Specialists, Melodie Valvano or Beth Newman in our Community Liaison Program, call 517-545-5944. LCCC Hours of operation: Monday – Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm and Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Aging Adult Resources
- Elder Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation – Michigan
- Elder Financial Abuse
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Preferences Guide
- Local Resources Directory
- Senior Housing Guide
- Adult Protective Services or call 855-444-3911 if you are being neglected or abused or know of an older adult who is being neglected, abused, or financially exploited.
- LCCC Elder Abuse/Justice Resource Directory
- Connect – Area Agency on Aging Resource Guide
- Alzheimer’s Association
- National Adult Day Services Association- (NADSA)
- Parkinson’s Foundation
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Activity Connection Veteran Affairs – VA
- National Council on Aging
- Michigan Office of Services to the Aging
- Michigan Dementia Coalition
- Lewy Body Dementia Association
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Nutritional Needs for Seniors
- Livingston County Senior Caregiver Guide
Local Senior Centers
|Hamburg||(810) 231-1000 x225|
|Gregory||(734) 498-2502 x230|
|Putman Twp.||(734) 878-1810|